CM2350 recommendations
10-20-2019, (Subject: CM2350 recommendations ) 
RE: CM2350 recommendations
What’s the mileage currently? That will determine your course of action at this point.

- when I purchased mine with 260k, I combined all the info gained from here and the Cummins maintenance manual in order to get it to a starting point while under my watch/operation. I downloaded the Cummins manual for the 2350 and did EVERYTHING that was recommended at the 250k interval.

- As far as oil pressure goes, I did not do anything to alter mine. When hot at a dead idle (at a stop light for example) my pressure is 23-27lbs depending on the temp. If I stop to load or unload , I always bump the idle to about 775-800rpm which will bring the pressure up in the mid 30’s.

- Is your truck de-mandated? If not, there are a few very important steps to keeping a healthy dpf/ Scr. I would open up the cans to see what the face of each looked like as well as the dosing injector for the DEF just to be sure everything is is healthy. Any face plugging will not only hinder your emissions performance, it will hurt mpg as well as possibly be an early sign of an issue up the chain of command...ie the engine components.

U should already know much of what is being said based off your original post, but be sure to pull that fuel pump apart to see and feel it for issues——do not rely on someone else’s ‘knowledge ‘ or opinion on this. It is detrimental to a 22-2350 and in most cases will cause upwards of 20k in damage when found out the hard way!!
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: CM2350 recommendations - SquareOne - 10-20-2019

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.