What would you have done differently??
10-22-2019, (Subject: What would you have done differently?? ) 
What would you have done differently??
I figured i'd post this mainly for flatbed94kid since he's always asking question on loading different things an getting himself a gentle spanking on what too do an not too do. So ill take one for the team too help with everybody learning more an ask what would you guys have done differently if anything.

So i loaded crane parts, originally i was supposed too grab a 10ft wide 50k lbs load but thing got screwed up an i got this instead which i dont mind its 33k an "legal width", theres a couple small boxes high up that stick out past the sides but ya have too be looking too see them.

The big piece is 46ft long they wanted too put it all on the bottom deck but i didnt want too mess with over hang so we put the load levelers too use, unfortunately with the ark of the trailer spacing out the levers would have required shimming so i stick them both close together an just added the extra straps using more X straps too pull down an stop side to side movement instead of the usual pulling straight down strapping. The piece weight approx 20k so there is definitely more straps then needed but its locked down hard. The levelers are spaced like that cause of how reitenour builds there trailers with bolts in the J hook slots so it limits where you can slide the levelers, but thats no worst then the type using the stake pocks i guess, most of the weight is on the front leveler with the 4x4 as a bridge between the two since the front leveler isnt centered with the bar running across the back.

There's also the 6T counter weight which i threw 2 chains over the center locked in some groves as well as one running across the back too stop backwords movement i chose not to throw one over the front since its a foot from the kick.

Of course everything is sitting on 4x4 so nothing is touching the deck.

The pics aint the best, my phone hates the morning sun.

Alright lets have it lol.

replyreply
 Thanks given by: RocketScott , flatbed94kid , Hammerhead

Messages In This Thread
What would you have done differently?? - ynot - 10-22-2019

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.