What would you have done differently??
11-11-2019, (Subject: What would you have done differently?? ) 
RE: What would you have done differently??
(11-11-2019 )ynot Wrote:  Continued.....

Thats when i realized it was a bunch of smaller stacks stacked together so i finished splitting them an flattened out the load, an finally through a smoke tarp over everything like i shpuld have done in the beginning but the shipper didnt seem too care so neither did i.

Im happy to say after doing that the load arrived too its destination save an sound.

So for anybody reading this 2 huge tips for hauling styrofoam.

1. Always always cross strap the back its a bitch too get it too stay but well worth it an needed.

2. Throw a smoke tarp whether the customer asks for one or not, it stops wind from blowing through the stacks an upsetting an shifting everything an making your life a 1000% times easier

I’ve had it happen twice to me. Specifically told no tarps needed. Right from dispatcher to the shipper to the broker to the receiver. No tarps needed

But then both times I’ve had the plastic wrapping blow apart on one bundle and damage the product

The problem is it really doesn’t pay enough to tarp it, but having it all tarped keeps it from walking around on you, too

Styrofoam sucks to haul but the way they loaded you was ridiculous and didn’t help things

User's Signature: I have no idea what I’m doing and probably need supervising
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: What would you have done differently?? - DDlighttruck - 11-11-2019

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.