Glowshift in cab Fuel Pressure Gauge?
10-23-2019, (Subject: Glowshift in cab Fuel Pressure Gauge? ) 
RE: Glowshift in cab Fuel Pressure Gauge?
Unfortunately the 570/870/871 has such a wide range of acceptable fuel pressure what is it 260-295psi, by the time it throws a low pressure code your already gonna know something aint right.

For instance on my 870 i can start the day at 285psi fuel pressure on cold fuel, at a 100f fuel temp oressure has dropped too 278-280psi, on a hot summer day an fuel temps climb to 140-145f fuel pressure bombs down 270psi. I can notice that 15psi drop through out the day in pulling power, ya i understand there's more at play with cold dense fuel vs warm but its still noticable an the ecm doesnt care it just tries too compensate for the losses.

Personally "software" is the best too get the full picture of fuel psi an temps. But if that's not an option, I'd tap into the rail a the fuel pressire sensor with a T like i mentioned earlier. So that way you see what the ecm see's you'll see pressure drops or spikes if one of the check valves sticks closed, or a blockage or something. Tapping in at the gear pump just tells you its working it doesnt tell ya whats going on afterwards.

Bare minimum you'd want a 350psi gauge ideally like rawze said a 400+ would be better, the factory gauge pegs at 335psi
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo

Messages In This Thread
RE: Glowshift in cab Fuel Pressure Gauge? - ynot - 10-23-2019

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.