Fuel Shutoff Solenoid
10-25-2019, (Subject: Fuel Shutoff Solenoid ) 
Fuel Shutoff Solenoid
I’m having an issue. Got a 2010 Prostar with a Cummins ISX in it. My truck wasn’t shutting off after I turned the key to the off position. It sputters for about 10 seconds smokes out the stack then turns off. I got a quick scan done and the fuel shutoff solenoid came up. I replaced the solenoid itself. That’s actually all that comes in the box. New seals too. I cleaned the parts inside and used new seals. Truck still doing the same thing. I have a couple of questions. First, does it matter that I replaced my solenoid with an aftermarket brand Interstate McBee instead of the Cummins brand. Second, do I need replace all of the internal parts as well? Lastly, is there a reset procedure after installation? Does the code need to be reset for the fix to be complete or should the new solenoid work right away? Or do I have a different problem? Even when starting the truck up, it spins for a bit before firing up. Once it does start, it shakes for a while before smoothing out. Anybody have any ideas of what’s going on?
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
Fuel Shutoff Solenoid - Tmaj12k - 10-25-2019

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.