Head Gasket cm2250
11-16-2019, (Subject: Head Gasket cm2250 ) 
RE: Head Gasket cm2250
(11-16-2019 )keepitrunning Wrote:  bought a new aftermarket complete head.

Seen a lot of guys do this. Maybe some of them get lucky and get a good one, who knows ... I personally have not seen anyone with aftermarket head that lasted long time yet. They typically last only about 250k miles or so~ish and have to come off again for one reason or another. - Seen a lot of guys regret it. Is not worth the cost difference if you ask me.

Wen your inframing that engine, you have to do things 100% right + do the things recommended to it from this forum. Otherwise you will be doing it again. Here are some of the highlights...

* New OEM head (not reman or after-market).

* New Overhaul kit (not after-market). Check old liner size/dia. before ordering new kit. It is 60% chance you have 150mm, and 40% chance you have 152mm ... they are NOT compatible with each other. Liner has to be pulled out and measured to find out. 150mm has pink outer o-ring, 152mm has blue outer o-ring typically, but measure to be sure.

* New oil pump.

* Possibly new rockers, cams, etc.

* Another set of new rod/main bearings. Measuring / checking old ones as they come out to ensure they are correct size/clearance. It is random sometimes, the proper one to use/replace with from one engine to the next, and sometimes even from one cylinder to the next sometimes.

* Proper counter-boring and raising liner height to 0.014" minimum. Anything lower than this, it will not have any kind of chance to go a million miles+ the next time around.

* Front gear cover gasket replacement.

* New crank shaft damper if it is more than 400k miles old.

* All new injector fuel connection tubes that go into the head. They are "crush-fit" where they meet injector, cannot be re-used when replacing the head, or swapping the injectors around.

* re-build of the high pressure fuel pump guts if it has more then 400k miles on the components.

etc. etc. etc.

quickserv.com is your friend.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Head Gasket cm2250 - Rawze - 11-16-2019
RE: Head Gasket cm2250 - Rawze - 11-16-2019,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.