Question about EGT's
11-22-2019, (Subject: Question about EGT's ) 
RE: Question about EGT's
I've had both, and personally i like the temps from in the manifold before the turbo. I always found myself looking at the internal temps more then the external on the manifold temps.

My reasoning behind that is on the outside your only measuring the heat soak so if your running hot its gonna take a bit too reach an get into the DANGER ZONE(Archer.. kenny loggins anyone lol) VS the internal before the turbo temps are instantaneous so when you breal the danger zone you know it an arnt holdong your foot in it blasting away at the turbo while you wait on the external temps too let you know you've got a bad tune or something else is wrong with your truck. There's alot going on in the motor in the 3+ minutes of lag waiting on the external temps too rise an alert you.

Now that being said the internal temps are more for the guys that like to tweek an try different things higher HP ect., if you've got a low HP conservative tune an are driving for mpg the external temps are a more useful average to let you know how much fuel your putting through the motor.

Really to each his own an boils down too what your doing with your motor, an either or of course is better then none
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Evotrucker , smorgan87 , Lostfarmboy

Messages In This Thread
RE: Question about EGT's - ynot - 11-22-2019

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.