Cm871 coolant out the overflow
11-26-2019, (Subject: Cm871 coolant out the overflow ) 
RE: Cm871 coolant out the overflow
Return the motor to stock (egr cooler/valve only)_, and get that programming off of the ECM. You have all the symptoms of a blown head gasket or slipped liner. I would say both.

To diagnose: Drop the oil pan, pressurize the motor (coolant system) to 20 psi and bar the motor over. You will need two folks, one barring the motor and one under the truck with a good flashlight. You are looking for coolant on the liner walls. If it is a liner, which I believe it more than likely is, you will in most cases hear the motor gurgle as the motor is barred.

Seeing as you removed the EGR Cooler, I would concentrate on cylinder 5 and 6. The EGR Cooler is what cools those two rear cylinders, no cooling, bad things happen.

You are now a good candidate for an in frame. And when you do, make sure you only use NEW OEM parts, including the head. These ISX heads are one time use and throw away.

You also need the liners set properly which entails machining the block ledge that the liners sit on. You will want to shim the liner height to .014 of an inch.

I would say welcome to the bad delete club.

As Signature said, get ahold of {Unilever, mr.hag, mommaburt, & rawze}. You can PM him, as you are going to need some serious help.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Billcummins6 , hhow55 , JMBT

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cm871 coolant out the overflow - Waterloo - 11-26-2019

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.