Rear axle is soaked, need help...
12-07-2019, (Subject: Rear axle is soaked, need help... ) 
RE: Rear axle is soaked, need help...
(12-07-2019 )Waterloo Wrote:  
(12-06-2019 )Nostalgic Wrote:  When I had my rear rebuilt, I asked about the output yoke nut and got "we hit it until it stops turning". Torque spec is high, if I remember right, something like 700 lbs? Pretty sure supposed to use a new nut every time, they come with red loctite on them.

I've got the torque wrench for the job, no clue if I have the correct size socket for the nut though. I hope Harbor Freight has one if need be... If not it will end up in the shop, found one that can get to it on Monday, maybe, more like Tuesday... I can't wait that long. And quite frankly, I'm broke.

Everything breaks in the winter...

It’s not ideal but I ran for a few weeks with a similar leak before I could get it fixed. Mine was in the summer, so adding a litre here n there wasn’t so bad.

If I was low on cash I’d be showing up Monday with it nice n clean and get the first weeks cheque rolling and worry about it next weekend.

Gear oil is cheap.

Oh and the torque wrench isn’t the problem. It’s how do you hold the pinion yoke while torquing it to said spec

User's Signature: I have no idea what I’m doing and probably need supervising
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo

Messages In This Thread
RE: Rear axle is soaked, need help... - Unilevers - 12-06-2019,
RE: Rear axle is soaked, need help... - DDlighttruck - 12-07-2019

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.