X15 noise and lack of power on a hard pull.
12-22-2019, (Subject: X15 noise and lack of power on a hard pull. ) 
RE: X15 noise and lack of power on a hard pull.
(12-22-2019 )Jrloar Wrote:  The noise sounds more like if a timing chain has slop in it and the lobes on the cam are making it slap around along with a thumping clunking banging noise. I talked to the shop Wednesday and they told me to just run it and if it gets worse bring it back.

That sounds normal, the shop telling you to run it and bring it back when it breaks. Brother, shut that thing down and find out what is wrong with it! That auto transmission, it should be able to be adjusted in regards to shift points via software, that needs to be done before you blow a liner, if you haven't already.

Banging noises coming from the motor is not normal, and there are no timing chains, just gears. Have you looked at the camshaft? You, not this idiot telling you to run the truck.

What is the coolant level like? Is it fluctuating wildly or coming out of the coolant bottle? Have you had to add any?

Fuel pump, get that rebuilt ASAP.

SLOW DOWN! Learn how to manually shift the truck to keep those RPM's up over 1400. These motors are best run at 1600 RPM. You need to learn how to hold the truck at 1600 RPM at a more sensible speed, Running 80 mph will get you or someone else killed, hell the tires are only rated at 70 mph.

I would bet that nothing has been serviced on this truck, maybe a few oil changes and that is it. This sounds like another end of life truck in need of an in frame from neglect. I wonder what the rest of this truck looks like?

Brother, you need to shut that truck down and get it properly diagnosed. This is not a game, and these trucks are built to fail unless treated with kid gloves, and few if any are. Get a load to Atlanta and go see Mr Hagg. Me, I would call him Monday and get the truck in there to a real mechanic.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Camstyn

Messages In This Thread
RE: X15 noise and lack of power on a hard pull. - Waterloo - 12-22-2019

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.