X15 noise and lack of power on a hard pull.
12-25-2019, (Subject: X15 noise and lack of power on a hard pull. ) 
RE: X15 noise and lack of power on a hard pull.
I stopped reading at 30,000 mile oil changes and synthetic oil... All I can think is carbon packed. And then throw in the gearing and transmission. Those new anti-carbon pistons help, but they do not solve the issue when a motor is being neglected. And I think it is safe to say, that a 30,000 mile oil change is more than likely closer to 50,000 miles.

Alright, I kept reading...

I would start with the overhead, that is not the air compressor. I played the video over my truck stereo system, that is something else and much deeper than the Cummins compressor knock. I would pop the top and do a proper overhead, as I would say they probably missed something, or just did a half arse job, it's not their truck. And I would not run the Jake until I found out what is going on... I wonder what the camshaft and lobes look like?

Back to the video... I was just talking to a buddy of mine, he had his new clutch fail in his truck, the shop that installed it screwed up the fly wheel, never turned it and it was out of balance and darn near destroyed his motor, and completely destroyed the new clutch. The noise your truck is making sounds a bit like what he described to me, an out of balance crank shaft. I know that is a stretch, but with a motor that is as neglected as the one you are driving, it would not surprise me if there is something really bad going on there.

That is not a normal sound.

A little voice in my head is saying carbon packed... But I hear voices all the time, for what it is worth.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: X15 noise and lack of power on a hard pull. - Waterloo - 12-25-2019

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.