X15 noise and lack of power on a hard pull.
12-25-2019, (Subject: X15 noise and lack of power on a hard pull. ) 
RE: X15 noise and lack of power on a hard pull.
(12-25-2019 )Jrloar Wrote:  
(12-25-2019 )tree98 Wrote:  30K mile oil changes, 2.79 rears, and that auto $hitter lugging you down all the time, your engine is being greatly abused. You don't have to believe it but it's a fact.

I listen to everything that I hear. Like I say. I am a mechanic but not specifically Cummins. I came here because you guys run them. I haven’t. There is times I would take the word of drivers over a mechanic. How much does a mechanic drive the engines. And like stated. No load rev is totally different than pulling 80k up a 9% 2 mile grade. Sitting in neutral the engine makes no noise. However if the truck misses a gear and it revs to catch it again I can hear it. It is much snappier when the computer does the rev though

Air compressor? That’s possible I guess. I could unhook the air intake to the compressor and see if the Sound changes. I do have one problem, in my mind it’s valve train noise. So it’s hard for me to look someplace else. However I came here to get thoughts and advice. So I will try the air compressor.

Get under that valve cover and redo the overhead. It is easy to screw up if it is not given ones undivided attention, I just did mine, twice. I finished up and started her up and had a ticking sound... Never discovered what I had missed, but got right back in there and redid the job. Tick went away. Best to do it yourself, that way you know it is done properly. I would not trust a shop to do an overhead, other than Mr Hagg...

Engine work, you are better off doing it yourself, there are not many shops out here that know spit about these motors. This site is a testament to that.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: X15 noise and lack of power on a hard pull. - Waterloo - 12-25-2019

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.