Intermittent boost loss
01-07-2020, (Subject: Intermittent boost loss ) 
RE: Intermittent boost loss
(01-05-2020 )Heavyhaulmark Wrote:  I adjusted all the clamps on the turbo there were a couple I could tighten but not much. I changed the 3 main sensors that always seem to be recommended. Actuator is new/reman, it came already pre set and mounted on the turbo. I think the overhead was ran last year, but I'm not positive. Change the oil @ 15k or sooner. The emissions system from the egr cooler back to the stacks was completely dismantled cleaned tested and put back when the turbo was done. I think I changed the back pressure sensor.

I do what you do. I have a multi-axle HH unit and run around about 180k loaded, so we're talking the same thing.
If you still have the emissions system intact, you need to change your oil change intervals. You will carbon pack the $h!t out of that motor if you don't and prematurely destroy it!
The weights we pull, and the fuel we consume dictate a different maintenance cycle.
Get a bypass oil filter put on thing ASAP!
Change your oil at 250hrs! You will find this will be in the 8000mile range. Oil life is determined by contamination, not miles or lifecycle. The volume of fuel we consume means that even at 8000miles, we have contaminated our oil with combustion bypass residue with MORE contaminants than these hyper milers have at 18-19000miles like Rawze and the boys on here! The reason is simple, in 8000miles, we've burned more fuel than they do in 18-19k!
If you want to get any kind of life out of that motor, keep the contaminant levels LOW!

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Intermittent boost loss - Hammerhead - 01-07-2020

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.