Intermittent boost loss
01-07-2020, (Subject: Intermittent boost loss ) 
RE: Intermittent boost loss
If you haven't done so already, register your engine ESN with Cummins Quickserve. Until you get an Inline adaptor and Insite you can use your watchdog to read the codes from the ECM then look up the codes and troubleshooting steps directly on the website.

Based on the codes listed, the intermittent loss of boost is because of the 2347 code and the automatic ECM response. However this is just a symptom. Rawze's suggestions mirror the info from Cummins (which you can lookup on the website). Possibly a leak somewhere in the air intake system, bad sensors (or wiring), or malfunctioning EGR valve.

My own experience: Back in the summer I started to get the same turbo temp codes. checked the intake system and found a massive leak from the small silicone elbow going to the air compressor. looked like someone went crazy with a cheese grater. I replaced that and the other 4 silicone boots and replaced a leaking exhaust bellow at the same time. problem went away. (the air compressor had been replaced 2 months earlier and the elbow appeared fine at that time)

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze

Messages In This Thread
RE: Intermittent boost loss - JimT - 01-07-2020

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.