END OF YEAR #'S; few thoughts for the newbies
07-03-2020, (Subject: END OF YEAR #'S; few thoughts for the newbies ) 
RE: END OF YEAR #'S; few thoughts for the newbies
Just a quick update for those interested....

Like mentioned in the other posts, I've been trying to get back to the better MPG I had this time last year. Just a recap, I've only recently (April 19' - that's when I started the 1st month of trucking) reached a point where I can compare MPG numbers of 2020 to 2019. It had been driving me nuts trying to figure out where I was losing the .25-.75 over the 2019 Fourth quarter IFTA and the 2020 First quarter IFTA. Just couldn't put my finger on it as I had no way to compare from previous data if it were weather/or fuel blend related. I understand the colder air theory, but surely I would've thought the MPG would return to normal much earlier than it did.

So no real scientific data, but the 2020 Second quarter IFTA filings and the mpg calculations to the pump seem to be a clear indicator of the effect due to seasonal change (and possibly fuel blend here in the south). Maintenances are up to par and driving habits have only improved since first beginning this venture.

2020 IFTA (2nd quarter) - 8.53mpg
Expense/Mile - $0.57 (since beginning of 2020 - present)

Beginning of the quarter to the end showed a slow, but steady progression in MPG. If everything stays consistent, 3rd quarter mpg average should improve by an additional .2-.25 given last year's data I now can compare to.

Hopefully, for all those who are watching every tenth....maybe this will give you a little insite on how the weather will affect those gains/or losses in MPG. Given this info for later this year and early next year, I shouldn't have to chase ghosts when the MPG drops for those 2 quarters.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hookliftpete , Rawze , Volvo8873 , Paccardude

Messages In This Thread
RE: END OF YEAR #'S; few thoughts for the newbies - SquareOne - 07-03-2020

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.