2012 2250 EGR Tune up and other things
01-21-2020, (Subject: 2012 2250 EGR Tune up and other things ) 
2012 2250 EGR Tune up and other things
Hello, I purchased Last year a 2013 Kenworth with a 2012 ISX 2250. It has 450,000 miles and I bought it from a Canadian fleet. I’ve been doing a lot of research thanks to rawze and some other people and I’m going to be doing a EGR tune up because I believe it has never had one before.
I’m going to be changing to the following,
Imap sensor
Delta P
Exhaust back pressure sensor

I haven’t tore into it yet but I’m wondering if I need a new Def dozer injecter? How does one tell if they need a new one? Kinda more expensive then the $100 sensor so I want to make sure before I waste money.

I’m also wondering if I need a new particulate filter, I will inspect it when I get it out but again how does one tell when they need a new one?

Is the SCR can different then the particulate filter? And what is the doc and where is it located? Should these both be cleaned or replaced and how does one tell?

How about a DPF delta P sensor? Where is this located and should it be changed?

Is there anything else I should be checking into? Should I take the intake off and inspect it for soot or isn’t it necessary?

I have high oil consumption when I’m hauling heavy loads (150,000 lbs+) I recently switched oils to shell T5 so am waiting to see how it does.

I’m also going to buy a amsoil oil filtration system.

I also am using a little bit of antifreeze, my last oil sample said none in the oil, don’t have any obvious leaks or any leaking on the ground, any thoughts?

This is my first isx engine with def, we own a towing business so I’ve benefited a lot from the horror stories of the emissions systems. I would like to learn more about what I can do to prolong my engine and take the best care of it that I can. We have our own maintenance facility and will be doing all the work ourselves. Any help or info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
2012 2250 EGR Tune up and other things - Bartnik_24 - 01-21-2020

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.