First time truck owner and first time poster
02-08-2020, (Subject: First time truck owner and first time poster ) 
RE: First time truck owner and first time poster
Go to the top of the page, click on "My Book" and read it start to finish. Then start doing the things outlined in there before you put it on the road. It has a pretty thorough list. As well as rebuilding the fuel pump. Lots of good threads on here about it, just do a search "2250 fuel pump", "2350 fuel pump".

I would agree with everyone else. Take the fuel pump head apart and replace the guts. For a few hundred bucks and an hour of your time you will gain the knowledge that the pump is in the best possible condition it could be and should last you another 400,000 miles before another preventative rebuild is warranted.

Here's a YouTube playlist I started for useful ISX/truck videos. A bunch of fuel pump related stuff in there. There's also Rawze's YouTube

445,000 mi with 11,000 hours gives a lifetime average of 40 mph. While better than most it's still not great. EGR tune-up should be high priority. At that age EGR cooler and EGR valve need to be inspected for possible failure.

Get set up with an Inline 6 and a laptop with Insite. From checking codes, to running tests, to just monitoring data, it's indispensable. I've read other threads suggesting ebay as a good source...

I wouldn't worry about demandate until you have a good reason, such as a costly component replacement. Get the truck running in top condition and monitor its performance. As long as you get at least an hour of solid drive time during your day then it should be able to keep up with normal soot loads.

You definitely found the right place for ISX info and help. Learn as much as you can, get your hands dirty doing the work yourself. You'll have the peace of mind knowing exactly what is going on with your engine and the ability to fix many of the problems that pop up without the labor cost eating in to you bottom line. And believe me, at this point in the truck's life there will be plenty of labor!

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: sprayerman

Messages In This Thread
RE: First time truck owner and first time poster - JimT - 02-08-2020

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.