Primary fuel filter
02-19-2020, (Subject: Primary fuel filter ) 
RE: Primary fuel filter
First of all, unless you have a specific need for the synthetic, your completely wasting your money on over-priced oil. This is also why you are likely pushing 20-25k oil changes,.. and this will kill that engine and its overhead cam.

I can only say to this -- STOP ABUSING YOUR ENGINE!!!!!

NExt: if you think that de-mandating it is going to extend the oil drain intervals, then you are in some kinds of la-la dream-land too. - This will not be the case.

SO....

With your FUEL MILEAGE AT 6.x miles per gallon, you should be here...

Quote:6 - 7 MPG -- Change your oil every 12,000 - 15,000 miles or so.

AND IF YOU WANT TO EXTEND OIL CHANGES!!!--- THEN GET YOUR FUEL MILEAGE UP!!! BY INSTALLING A BOOST AND PYRO GAUGES AND DRIVE IT BETTER!

Quote:If your average fuel mileage every 10,000 miles is ...

less than 5 MG -- Change your oil every 8,000 miles or so.

5 - 6 MPG -- Change your oil every 10,000 - 12,000 miles or so.

6 - 7 MPG -- Change your oil every 12,000 - 15,000 miles or so.

7 - 8 MPG -- Change your oil every 15,000 - 18,000 miles or so.

8 - 9 MPG -- Change your oil every 18,000 - 22,000 miles or so.

above 9 MPG -- Change your oil every 22,000 - 28,000 miles or so.

AND if you want MORE PEP in those trafic lights and around town and on those heavy loads --- STOP POINTING YOUR FINGER AT THE MOST EXPENSIVE COMPONENT IN YOUR DRIVELINE (YOUR ENGINE) and START SAVING MONEY so you can re-spec the truck for what your using it for!-- THOSE 3.36 REARS ARE YOUR PROBLEM!!! <- That thing should be AT LEAST 3.90's and it will actually feel like a truck that can get out of its own way.

Turning up the engine = a LOT OF ACCELERATED WEAR in your type of operations, especially if you have any amount of stop-n-go on a daily basis. -- BUT RE-GEARING IT PROPERLY does not come with this issue.

If your going to make decisions to improve things -- then make the right ones and stop making the wrong ones!.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Pd6cas2 , amermextrucker , Toolguy

Messages In This Thread
RE: Primary fuel filter - JimT - 02-18-2020,
RE: Primary fuel filter - Rawze - 02-19-2020
RE: Primary fuel filter - JimT - 02-19-2020,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.