Cm871 repeated same injector failure
07-06-2016, (Subject: Cm871 repeated same injector failure ) 
RE: Cm871 repeated same injector failure
(07-06-2016 )Inderjit Wrote:  
(07-06-2016 )Waterloo Wrote:  I had a bad head on my CM871, it did not use any oil between oil changes, and the only coolant loss I had was due to internal pressure of the exhaust gas building in my motor, which forced the coolant out of the lines at the clamps. So, in other words, you don't always have coolant or oil loss with a bad head. If you take it in to another shop, stand there and babysit them, or better yet, get the truck to someone like Gearhead that knows what he is doing. I feel for you buddy, this sucks.

What problems were you having?

In my case, and everyone's is different, I was getting exhaust gas in the coolant system. I went to Napa and purchased their $30 block testing kit, that is how I discovered my bad head. When we had it all apart, there was never any definitive visual issues with the head. The gasket was iffy, but quite honestly, I still do not know the real cause of the exhaust pressure build up in the cooling system. And yes, the compressor was checked on more than one occasion along with the EGR cooler.

It would be worth it to head to Napa and get one of those kits, it only takes a minute or two to do the test. If you can unscrew the radiator cap, you can do the test.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cm871 repeated same injector failure - Waterloo - 07-06-2016

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.