Cm871 repeated same injector failure
07-07-2016, (Subject: Cm871 repeated same injector failure ) 
RE: Cm871 repeated same injector failure
My case was the opposite of Waterloo's. My heed was cracked on the intake side, the EG/coolant contaminant test of course revealed nothing. I complained about this problem for years to both KW & cummins to no avail. I had 56 of 62 oil analasys showing coolant contamination in my oil, and they still refused to believe it was possible; A) my head was cracked, B) I had a liner drop, or C) I had a cracked block. Nope, their answer was always "because you heavy haul and are always grossing >150,000lbs your coolant loss is normal, you're boiling it off!" Finally 3 months after warranty expired the head in my compressor went sideways and started pressuring the cooling system blowing coolant out and popping heater hoses out from under the clamps. I took it to cummins for the inframe, and guess what they said when they called me the day they pulled the head? "Hey Hammer, your head is cracked!" "No shi#t, yah don't say..." Was my reply.
Take a wild guess who's doing the next inframe on my motor if it needs one while I own it...

It will be that ugly bastard looking back at me when I shave in the morning.

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cm871 repeated same injector failure - Hammerhead - 07-07-2016

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.