Ever take apart a Turbo actuator?
02-28-2020, (Subject: Ever take apart a Turbo actuator? ) 
RE: Ever take apart a Turbo actuator?
(02-28-2020 )JMBT Wrote:  Man that is awesome! Glad to hear we have another option instead of just shelling out $1100 for a new one!! I will definitely send mine to her when it starts acting up.

It is not a bad idea to have done if your actuator is old, and your turbo gets replaced. That way the worn out bearings, gears, etc. do not wear out the new turbo control arm due to excess play in the actuator.

I had her do mine recently, it has about 750k on the turbo and actuator right now. - turbo still felt quite good, and actuator now has all new bearings in it.

turbo + actuator was replaced at 583k miles. -- truck now rolled the odometer across the 1,333,333 miles mark this morning. Was kinda fun to see that. lol

BTW: Someone just e-mailed me with this message...

Quote:-- Hey there, my name is {name removed}. I’d like to join the forum group.

...cm871...

The truck has 900,000 on it and has been sitting for 3.5 years due to
{content removed for privacy reasons}

Long story shot I’ve sold all my other trucks but 2 and have no more drivers

I want to get it back on the road in the worst way but I also have a vgt turbo on it that was starting to hang up when I parked it. I’ve watched Rawze’s videos on egg tune ups, which I have performed, and find info on this forum page insightful.

{content removed for privacy reasons}

The motor is an excellent motor in my opinion but the turbo is it’s downfall. I have had to replace vgt’s on this truck and another cm871 I had every 200,000 miles. They are too expensive and I get no life out of them. I’m really hoping to join and find a better way than spending $4k on a turbo every 2 years.

My replay was ...

your doing something very wrong if your eating thru turbo's. they
typically last about 600k miles or more.

I also gave him an invite code, so lets see what happens. - this guy is obviously doing something very very wrong if he has chewed thru that many turbo's.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: JMBT , Brock , 2dlb , tree98 , Roysbigtoys

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ever take apart a Turbo actuator? - Rawze - 02-28-2020

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.