2350 fuel rail decay
03-04-2020, (Subject: 2350 fuel rail decay ) 
RE: 2350 fuel rail decay
(03-03-2020 )Jokerone33 Wrote:  Now the truck has always put out 40 psi from the day I took delivery of it brand new ...

That is about right for a 600hp factory engine with the egr all in tact... but you remove that egr gas and that AR of that turbo goes up + a lot more oxygen == you have to lower the boost pressure to about 33~ish max for it to run correctly and safely (same hp and torque) without it fighting its own exhaust pressures and being way to lean/hard on the cylinders and liners.

Anyone who would say otherwise is only fooling themselves and has little to no understanding on how these newer engines work. with spray angles on the injectors almost horizontal and higher than normal compression ratios in them, they are nothing at all like their older cousins.

-- BTW: Why would u expect it to not last a million miles (or close to it anyways) if it is driven right (not lugged it to an agonizing death with that horrible 2000 ft-lbs torque settings in the low rpm ranges below 1500 rpm under heavy loads), oil changed based on fuel mileage, that programming fixed and boost pressured put back in spec, etc... even with it pushing 117k loads. -- Proper driving habits, proper care, good programming, etc... all add up to decent longevity,.. or its untimely demise -- its your choice and in your own hands.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55 , Jokerone33

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2350 fuel rail decay - Rawze - 03-04-2020

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.