Conmet preset hubs
03-05-2020, (Subject: Conmet preset hubs ) 
RE: Conmet preset hubs
Think I read 500,000 miles or five years. Not real sure. I was trying to keep at my maintenance to stave off any troubles on the highway. Right front was no where near tight enough. Looked to me like that seal had been replaced. I could read Stemco on the seal. On the left side nut was at 300ft-lb and I couldn't read the back of the old seal.

Had a drive axle seal leak when I first got my truck. Kenworth shop had replaced that seal before I took delivery. When went to remove hub nut I took it off with my hand. Drive axle nuts get torqued to 500ft-lb with my hubs. No way the nut backed off, it was not tight enough to begin with. Goes to show dealership has worse mechanics than I am.

Side note I was wondering if the spacer between the bearings was being used as a crush sleeve. Conmet literature said spacer can be reused if no damage to spacer is found. So it's not a one time use like a crush sleeve is.

User's Signature: 2015 Kenworth T660
replyreply
 Thanks given by: david24

Messages In This Thread
Conmet preset hubs - Mattman - 03-04-2020,
RE: Conmet preset hubs - Rawze - 03-05-2020,
RE: Conmet preset hubs - Mattman - 03-05-2020
RE: Conmet preset hubs - Rawze - 03-21-2020,
RE: Conmet preset hubs - Rawze - 08-03-2023,
RE: Conmet preset hubs - Nilao - 08-04-2023,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.