Cm870 built with CM 570 internals.
03-08-2020, (Subject: Cm870 built with CM 570 internals. ) 
Cm870 built with CM 570 internals.
Thanks for taking a moment to read my post and thanks to rawze for allowing me to join. I have a cm870 with a build date of August 05. It has been a great engine, it was mandate’d around 5 years ago. It currently has 890,000 miles and just shy of 41,000 hours. It is on it’s second turbo and second head. I have done a lot to the truck, but it’s never been rebuilt. Oil consumption has increased some, though not horrible. (1 gallons for even 7 or 8,000 miles).

This brings me to my question. I would love a new X15, but I really don’t want a $3,000 a month truck payment. I do heavy haul and that’s about the going price for a new truck. I run 4.30 rears and keep the hp fairly low when the tune was done. (5 or 515 hp). I drive slow, but have never achieved any fuel economy (4.25 on ifta reportings). I am leaning real heavy towards building this motor, but I want to build one that will eat a cats lunch.

Ok on to the question. Are the cm570’s pistons lower compression and will they work in this truck? If I get the cpl for a sig 600 can I use that to order parts? Also where can I find the dual oil cooler housing? Cummins says they no longer offer it, could just be because my Cummins dealer is stupidly I don’t know. They told me the only oil thermostat out there was a 235, and I found a 215.

Also, I am real worried I will lose an ecm while on the road, does anybody keep a spare ecm in case of this?

Again thanks!
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
Cm870 built with CM 570 internals. - SC Josh - 03-08-2020
RE: Cm870 built with CM 570 internals. - Unilevers - 03-08-2020,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.