SCR Question
03-15-2020, (Subject: SCR Question ) 
Brick SCR Question
Hello All,
Hope everyone is healthy and Corona free thus far! I have a question that has eluded my research thus far and I was hoping that someone may be able to enlighten me. I own a 2013 Kenworth T-660 with an ISX15 CM-2350... Generally has been a pretty decent truck... but at around 550,000 miles I started to develop rather costly SCR/DEF Service Needed warnings. I realize the recalls and such on this particular system were somewhat numerous and had created a backlash of equipment operators to have a bad taste in their mouth about the government mandated guidelines set forth. That being said... I had a “tune” performed by a reputable shop and could not have been happier for another 200,000 miles. I now have 700,000 miles and she is still running like a top with only your normal type items being done on maintenance. Anyway, getting to my question, at the time of the “tune” I believe that the DPF canister was let’s say “addressed”.... I have noticed an increase in crankcase pressure as of lately and replaced the crankcase filter with a maintenance free one ( to no avail)...anyway...I noticed exhaust by way of feel..brimming from any seam which would allow passage...which leads me to believe that my exhaust is obstructed. After talking with a somewhat knowledgeable Cummins guy, he mentioned that when you had the “tune” performed, that “yes” the DPF canister was addressed but more than likely the SCR was not addressed.. I believe this to be true for I do not believe I witnessed the SCR having been worked on. My question(s) is... can you simply gut the SCR and re-install? Can you even gut the SCR? Is there something that would hinder you from being able to get into the bloody thing to remove said media? And finally ...having looked to no avail... is there a cheater pipe available on the market and would that work since I suspect that none of the components which hook into the SCR actually are “live”... I don’t know this to be a fact..but I would surmise this to be the case... Anyway, Thanx in advance to the person who can right my ship for me![/size][/font]
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
SCR Question - Hennessey33 - 03-15-2020
RE: SCR Question - JimT - 03-15-2020,
RE: SCR Question - Hennessey33 - 03-15-2020,
RE: SCR Question - JimT - 03-15-2020,
RE: SCR Question - Lonestar10 - 03-15-2020,
RE: SCR Question - Rawze - 03-15-2020,
RE: SCR Question - Rawze - 03-16-2020,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.