CoViD19 Trucking help as things unfold.
03-22-2020, (Subject: CoViD19 Trucking help as things unfold. ) 
RE: CoViD19 Trucking help as things unfold.
JimT, the point of this thread is for information on what the guys out on the road are running into. Last I saw your still out there and I'm watching and learning from the info your posting. It is very valuable. Please keep the discussion to real problems and situations we're currently seeing with trucking and handling all of this. Watch going off on speculation and opinion of this mess and the outfall. (I'd love to get in to that conversation with you) but It will just derail and blur the actual information that's useful.

On taxes, my point of view is if you want to use your forced down time usefully, have your numbers and paperwork done. Get it out of the way. Don't give "the man" a reason or excuse to bind you up with tax burden. This time should be used to get ahead of things. But there are extensions that can be filed. Use them if its needed or it's going to better your situation. Don't use them is your just being lazy.

While I'm at trying to get people ahead of the game and taking advantage of this golden opportunity...

Hopefully guys that are stuck in this mess at home with there equipment are using this time to make their situations better. Hopefully they are taking down time to do much needed repairs. If your stuck inside, maybe you can take time to learn, take yourself back to what I've called O/O college. Maybe figure out Insite, Calterm and other diagnostic programs. Learn how things on your equipment work, reading and figuring out some of these more complex things Rawze discusses http://rawze.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=38 . This is a terrific opportunity, while your not stuck behind the wheel, to learn something new in your business to make your position in trucking stronger. Use this time to get ahead of things. The people that use opportunities like these to their advantage are always the most successful. Why not use the opportunity to join that club.

As far as the states that are shutdown (I can only verify Pennsylvania policy) under the order to shutdown and stay at home, life sustaining businesses are still operational. This includes mechanic and mechanical parts sales. With the down time, guys can run out and get parts. Do those repairs that you've been putting off.

I see this as a life changing moment. Why not use this time to change you position in life to be easier for the foreseeable future, if not for the rest of your life?
replyreply
 Thanks given by: LargeCar

Messages In This Thread
RE: CoViD19 Trucking help as things unfold. - Chamberpains - 03-22-2020

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.