Lubricating oil pump service life?
03-26-2020, (Subject: Lubricating oil pump service life? ) 
RE: Lubricating oil pump service life?
I, personally would have taken that tech's word with a grain of salt. It may be acceptable for warranty purposes, but I would tend to disagree when it comes to least wear vs. oil viscosity.

0.007" and less, is definitely below the typical gear lash clearance for the size gear + viscosity oil being used in the engine. As a general rule, that size gear would dictate 0.010" - 0.016" if I had to guess at it based on my many years and overall experience dealing with industrial machinery.

just my own opinions/thoughts any ways. That low of a clearance would also likely cause some gear whine out of it too. Hopefully its clearance is not at the bottom end of that scale. if i owned it, I would have shimmed it anyways (and ensured there was no problem with doing so) if it were less than about 0.010" gear lash, but that is just me.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: JMBT , Toolguy

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lubricating oil pump service life? - Rawze - 03-26-2020

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.