CM2250 764K, rod and main update!
03-24-2020, (Subject: CM2250 764K, rod and main update! ) 
CM2250 764K, rod and main update!
Hello, here is an update on my rod and main project progress.

A little backstory: CM2250, 764K miles. Was stock for the first 600K, always driven slow 60-62. I found Rawze's site at 300K, so from then on I did regular EGR tune ups and 15K oil changes.

I pulled the pan today expecting to see soot everywhere from the first 600K. To my surprise the inside of the motor was beautiful. No soot anywhere, only clean oil, (see attached pics).

When I pulled the oil pump it was also immaculate. So I decided do some external checks before taking it apart. The pump is clearly stamped with a #4 from the factory. Per quickserve a #4 pump should have backlash between .012-.018. Mine has only .009. The other thing is quickserve shows the drive gear shaft should protrude past the drive gear .003-.006, mine is completely flush?? I am wondering what's going on with this? Was the pump stamped wrong from the factory? It specs out for a pump stamped #2.

By the inside of the motor, I am wondering if I should even change the rods and mains, or just put it back together until a million?

My brother says put it back together and roll. What do you guys think??

Currently the coolant system is at 20psi, going to leave it for the night and see what we see tomorrow.

Other strange things: the oil pan has never been off before, it was super clean, but there was a 3" piece of zip tie in the bottom!! WTF (factory f-up??) other then that 4 very small pieces, 2 of metal and 2 that looked like sealant or something.

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

User's Signature: Anti-seize EVERYTHING, Except injectors...Use Petroleum Jelly!!!
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
CM2250 764K, rod and main update! - JMBT - 03-24-2020
RE: CM2250 764K, rod and main update! - Unilevers - 03-25-2020,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.