CM2250 764K, rod and main update!
03-30-2020, (Subject: CM2250 764K, rod and main update! ) 
RE: CM2250 764K, rod and main update!
(03-30-2020 )Waterloo Wrote:  If you were sore for days, I'm feeling pretty good! LOL! Did mine on a sheet of plywood in Rawze's driveway... ;-)

(some inappropriate bragging here, I rarely do this, but it is not untrue, so here goes ... )

I ended up doing the 90-degrees on all 24 of the head bolts (roughly 500 ft-lbs each) by hand, one arm on the wrench (other arm holding me in place), when you were here with just a torque wrench for your truck. I may not be the biggest guy out there, but I am one damned strong-arssed, gorrilla, wrench-turning mo-fo. - Usually makes my shoulder sore for a day or 2 as well, but I do not mind.

Same thing for 74bassman's truck when he was here. He is not a little guy, navy vet, -- him and his son both were pulling on that wrench with all their might together, could not get past 1 or 2 bolts. - I had to step in and do them, knocked em right out.

Just about every one else that has been here, I have had to do the bulk of that part of the job.

Mr. hag is the same way, one of the few people that I have met that could give me a run for my money. lol

A lot of that comes simply from doing that kind of heavy wrenching on equipment for so many years.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: CM2250 764K, rod and main update! - Unilevers - 03-25-2020,
RE: CM2250 764K, rod and main update! - Rawze - 03-30-2020

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.