Shim for increased Oil Pressure
07-08-2016, (Subject: Shim for increased Oil Pressure ) 
Shim for increased Oil Pressure
Hey guys, I'm going to install the $0.80 shim in my oil pump to increase the Oil Pressure. Before I climb under for the oil bath, my questions are;
1)Is the oil pan gasket reusable like the rocker cover gasket? I'd appreciate experience testimonials on this, as always I will share when complete. Yes I know it's best to replace it, but if this turns into a several attempt experiment to get it where I want it I'd prefer to not have to buy several of them.
2)Can the oil pump "Dog Bone" be removed without removing the oil pump? The diagrams on Quickserve make it appear to be so, which will make this MUCH simpler.
3)The cotter pin that holds the "Dog Bone" assembly in place, is it steel or aluminum? Better question, does anybody know the correct size?
Thanks in advance, once again when I am done (and hopefully successful) results will be shared...
Hammer

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
Shim for increased Oil Pressure - Hammerhead - 07-08-2016
RE: Shim for increased Oil Pressure - Unilevers - 07-31-2016,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.