Shim for increased Oil Pressure
07-10-2016, (Subject: Shim for increased Oil Pressure ) 
RE: Shim for increased Oil Pressure
(07-10-2016 )AussieISX Wrote:  Great write up , what is the general opinion, is it beneficial to increase the oil pressure by a few psi to better supply the cams , what would be the ideal pressure?
This has been my thought process, yes.
Since its general knowledge that the head, valvetrain & Cam's are the known weaknes of the ISX, I can't reinforce the head, but I can get more oil to the valvetrain & cams. I don't know what ideal pressure would be, but I personally want 40psi as a minimum when working hard/hot at 220*+. Personal opinion: ideally I want to be between 40-45 operating range
I pull a multi-axle equipment lowboy and my gross is from 150-200,000lbs (68-90,000kgs), so I tend to lean on my motor a little harder than typical so I just wanted some extra protection if that makes sense?
Also this motor has always been on the lower side of the range when I ask others what their pressure runs. On Mobil Delvac it ran the same or plus 1 pressures as the Castrol listed above, and I have never been comfortable with that. Before this motor I had 4 consecutive Series 60's so I'm just not used to seeing under 40.

(07-10-2016 )Vin Wrote:  Ever pull the valve cover and idle the truck? Barely any oil flows on the Cummins camshafts, so even an extra 5psi oil pressure is going to make an improvement.
I wholeheartedly agree...

***PLEASE NOTE*** I have added an edit to my procedure write-up, I forgot it when I wrote it and feel it's important information.

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Shim for increased Oil Pressure - Hammerhead - 07-10-2016
RE: Shim for increased Oil Pressure - Unilevers - 07-31-2016,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.