Shim for increased Oil Pressure
08-11-2016, (Subject: Shim for increased Oil Pressure ) 
RE: Shim for increased Oil Pressure
(08-10-2016 )jimeneztrans84 Wrote:  So with that tool you're basically using it to smoothen out the material so when the dog bone slide out it won't cut the o ring? If I don't use it I'll damage the o ring? What else can I use?

Yes, but I do it after the dogbone is out before reassembly. I didn't know it was that sharp until I removed it on mine, and it's the ONLY one I've done so far.
These deburring tools are quite inexpensive. I haven't bought one in a few years but, I think they're about $10 for a cheap one like the pic.
You could use emery cloth or something I guess, but the nice thing about that tool is that with a sharp blade it "pulls" the material out, if the material is soft, like aluminum, it will cut a spiral like a nice sharp drill bit.
Whatever you use, You need to be wary of what material and where it ends up, this is your oil pump after all.

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Shim for increased Oil Pressure - Unilevers - 07-31-2016,
RE: Shim for increased Oil Pressure - Hammerhead - 08-11-2016

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.