EGR Tune up results
08-09-2016, (Subject: EGR Tune up results ) 
RE: EGR Tune up results
(08-09-2016 )Marajin Wrote:  I have seen emissions inspection reports that show better numbers with MM than stock, even with the stuff removed. - I think it just depends on how they are going to test it.

It's a lot of conjecture, fear mungering, and trucker BS, but the general idea the stealer-ships are saying is; the unit must have OEM, or equivelant, aftertreatment system as standard of vehicle year manufacture. If removed, bypassed, deleted, or not in working order, it is a fail condition and must be rectified to pass Annual CVIP.
Until I actually see it in writing I don't believe it. And even then, I think there will be players that will still CVIP units anyway. The stealer-ships of coarse then say; anyone certifying deleted units will lose their CVIP authority status. At times it almost sounds like they are trying to form their own La Cosa Nostra, and I wouldn't put it past them to start reporting shops if/when it does come in. Now that they've got their first dose they're just like junkies or politicians, they just can't get enough, and won't be satisfied even if they get it all.

Let's be honest about it here, the problems these systems create have been the largest single increase in service demand, revenue generation, and profit to the truck repair service segment of the industry that I'm aware of. Of coarse they would absolutely be on the side of persuading the DOT to make this a part of the CVIP program.
I alone had three consecutive Series 60's that went 1M miles without rebuilds. The maintenance program was basically; install a Spinner Bypass Filter at new, change oil regularly, replace the turbo at 600,000miles (before failure), annual overhead adjustment, and don't drive it like an a$$hole. In three consecutive motors the largest issue I had was a bearing failure on a bull gear that was caught by oil analasys before component failure There is no way they want to return to that kind of reliability.

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
EGR Tune up results - trdodd07 - 07-09-2016,
RE: EGR Tune up results - Cuya - 07-09-2016,
RE: EGR Tune up results - ynot - 07-10-2016,
RE: EGR Tune up results - Hammerhead - 08-09-2016
RE: EGR Tune up results - Cuya - 08-10-2016,
RE: EGR Tune up results - Unilevers - 08-09-2016,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.