As a company driver, what driving habits should I develop before buying my own truck?
04-11-2020, (Subject: As a company driver, what driving habits should I develop before buying my own truck? ) 
RE: As a company driver, what driving habits should I develop before buying my own truck?
cummins warranty declares 35,000mile oil changes for OTR even though they are beating the crap out of em like an offroad truck with the low RPM lug. you will not find a single trucking company over probably 20 trucks that changes oil like they should all will only change when its required to keep the warranty.

Cummins - 35,000 Miles, 200-300k for first overhead to insure best engine performance
Freightliner - 60,000 Miles, 350k miles for first overhead
paccar - IDK dont know anyone stupid enough to have one of the little headaches as an owner op in normal fields.

As an owner op never go past these mileages if you go over these numbers your warranty is void.

big companies typically go 8-15k miles over on maintenace as the drivers dont get paid for it so they dont go in untill forced and their warranty will always be intact due to their size.

and most companies are running the new oil standard 0-40 or something like that. when i drove for crete i saw a 10PSI pressure drop at operating temperature driving down the road at 1450RPM when they started using that new oil.

User's Signature: 2010 Lonestar - CM871 - 13sp - 3.70s, 2016 T680 - cm2350 - 13sp - 3.36s - skateboarder
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: As a company driver, what driving habits should I develop before buying my own truck? - Lonestar10 - 04-11-2020

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.