As a company driver, what driving habits should I develop before buying my own truck?
04-12-2020, (Subject: As a company driver, what driving habits should I develop before buying my own truck? ) 
RE: As a company driver, what driving habits should I develop before buying my own truck?
your still not learning....obviously got all these floppy eared rabbits and rainbows in your head thinking youll make it with less a year experience and buying your own equipment....

if you have a cummins it should only see 1200 RPMs when taking off from a stop and never again untill its come to a stop and its time to take off again.

i find it funny you think that leasing your truck is just 1400 a month....lets just say the company atleast pays for cargo insurance you still have your trucks insurance of bobtail and liability lets just say thats....500 a month. now you have fuel lets say your lucky being a complete rookie to get 6.5MPG maybe squeek 7 thats still gona be a few more grand per month...

OH wait then theres maintenace proper maintenance should be about 400-600 every other month for oil changes/grease unless your do the work yourself might save couple hundred but your lease company wont let you i gaurentee it. and then every 6mo you need a DOT inspection.

then every year you have around 1000 for just truck plates

and your going to pay for this with 1.00-1.35? freight i doubt it you will be forced to live in that truck on the road to keep your head above water.

that 2800 company lease probably also creates a maintenance account and covers insurance and every other cost including IFTA filings

also that trainer probably isnt as braindead as you think hes taking on trainees and probably getting a hefty bonus to do so as i would wrather burn my truck to the ground then share it with someone i dont know and i have to babysit.

User's Signature: 2010 Lonestar - CM871 - 13sp - 3.70s, 2016 T680 - cm2350 - 13sp - 3.36s - skateboarder
replyreply
 Thanks given by: JimT , redbeard

Messages In This Thread
RE: As a company driver, what driving habits should I develop before buying my own truck? - Lonestar10 - 04-12-2020

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.