2350 Fuel Pump Rebuild Parts
05-01-2020, (Subject: 2350 Fuel Pump Rebuild Parts ) 
RE: 2350 Fuel Pump Rebuild Parts
(04-29-2020 )snailexpress Wrote:  
(04-29-2020 )SquareOne Wrote:  kozakvod - Thank you for posting about the parts availability. Not sure what was going on last year when I did mine, but I def couldn't get just the tappet/pump without purchasing a head assembly. Glad you were able to and that info certainly helps anyone in the future when rebuilding the pump.

--- maybe last year Cummins had too much demand on those items and saw it as an opportunity to sell the head assemblies ....who knows?
Purchasing head assembly probably not bad idea as check valves in the head going bad too by the time. I have just replaced fuel pump, rollers, tappets, camshaft, plungers were in perfect shape but pressure was leaking. With new pump pressure stays for hours.

The reason for rebuilding pump head is to prevent catastrophic engine failure. I wasn't having a pressure problem. Maybe I'll have one eventually, but to spend $1,500+ vs. $440 to fix a problem I didn't have didn't make much sense to me in a bad market we have currently.

Of course having it all repaired/replaced/rebuilt would be great I don't deny that, but again, my reason was prevention not repair.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2350 Fuel Pump Rebuild Parts - Unilevers - 04-14-2020,
RE: 2350 Fuel Pump Rebuild Parts - Unilevers - 04-14-2020,
RE: 2350 Fuel Pump Rebuild Parts - kozakvod - 05-01-2020

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.