A/C Cooling Issue
04-18-2020, (Subject: A/C Cooling Issue ) 
RE: A/C Cooling Issue
You need to get a set of gauges and see what the pressures do at idle and say 1400 and idle. You living in TX as I am in LA air-con is not something my fat ass takes lightly. More than likely a charge issue but you need the pressures to see if the TXV is faulty or you may have a compressor issue. I fought mine for a couple months to find out I had reed valve issues. I don't see it asked but if it's a sleeper truck, how is the rear air doing?

http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=5045

I'm one to love to find the root cause and properly diagnose but when it comes to A/C and the age of the system I'm quick to whip out the parts cannon... FIRE! FIRE! FIRE!

There was a method posted somewhere else about coil cleaning on this style A/C with it's limited access by cutting a 4" hole in the interior side of the box and filling it with a plastic body plug. I did this on two different trucks being I'm fat, lazy and really like cold air. It worked really well to get in there with a cheap long nozzle blow gun from harbor freight with the end bent to 90 deg with a tubing bender, some coil cleaner in a can from HD or Lowes and a vacuum. I did a lot of off road so I would clean them twice a year.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: kozakvod

Messages In This Thread
A/C Cooling Issue - kozakvod - 04-16-2020,
RE: A/C Cooling Issue - Moose - 04-16-2020,
RE: A/C Cooling Issue - Moose - 04-18-2020
RE: A/C Cooling Issue - Nilao - 04-18-2020,
RE: A/C Cooling Issue - hhow55 - 04-19-2020,
RE: A/C Cooling Issue - Rawze - 04-19-2020,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.