Crankcase fumes
05-22-2020, (Subject: Crankcase fumes ) 
RE: Crankcase fumes
(05-22-2020 )5022 Wrote:  ...
for some reason the woven stainless downpipe would be smoking like a toker. Put three down pipes on it to no resolve

That is a common problem with prostars. I have helped many people resolve that issue. The problem is that you have to remove the hard-pipe at the front of the DPF canister, remove the hangar at the mid-point, and then disconnect the flex pipe right at the back of the doser pipe and remove the whole long section hard-pipe, flex section and all out the rear of the truck as a single piece.

Once you get it out you will see that the split at the end of the woven stainless flex pipe has a huge gap in it where it attaches to the hard pipe. You have to shove it further onto the hard pipe to get a solid seal, tighten it up good, and then re-install the whole section, connecting it at the back of the turbo, and then the mid-point... - Once it is back in place, you have to then loosen the entire DPF assembly and shove it forward to mate up with the back of the hard pipe, re-aligning all of it properly. - It is also a great opportunity to do an exhaust wrap on the entire section of pipe while it is out.

- it is actually not a whole lot of work, is easier than someone would think. I have done it a few times with people.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
Crankcase fumes - Lonestar10 - 04-21-2020,
RE: Crankcase fumes - Rawze - 04-22-2020,
RE: Crankcase fumes - kozakvod - 04-22-2020,
RE: Crankcase fumes - Rawze - 04-22-2020,
RE: Crankcase fumes - 5022 - 05-22-2020,
RE: Crankcase fumes - Rawze - 05-22-2020
RE: Crankcase fumes - Waterloo - 05-22-2020,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.