Loss Of Accelerator Input
04-23-2020, (Subject: Loss Of Accelerator Input ) 
Loss Of Accelerator Input
Hi everybody. I've been involved with a job lately on a CM871 CPL3774 (Aus with EGR and DPF) & I'm looking for some ideas on where to go next.

You drive along and all of a sudden you lose accelerator. Once you let off the accelerator pedal it's fine to use again.
Monitoring with Insite, when it happens, eng operating state doesn't change, both accelerator signal and supply voltages dont change, but pedal position changes to 0%. There are no fault codes, and nothing accelerator or battery voltage related is blocked on the calibration.

We've tried a different calibration as it was deleted by someone else, a test ECM, replacing the TPS, rewiring the accelerator and rewiring the VSS. The symptoms haven't changed.

When monitoring 'accelerator pos before filters' (or something along those lines), with CTerm, the reading stays at the actual physical position, but the 'commanded accelerator position' shows 0%.

It's not something I've come across before. Usually these ECMs are very quick to log faults for accelerator or VSS issues. Something is triggering the ECM to cut the accelerator but it's strange that it resets when you let off.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
Loss Of Accelerator Input - Signature620 - 04-23-2020

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.