CAT ET Software (and head problems)
05-04-2020, (Subject: CAT ET Software (and head problems) ) 
RE: CAT ET Software (and head problems)
(04-26-2020 )tsolson Wrote:  Hi,
i have a 2004 Kenworth with a C15 CAT single turbo. had an overheat issue and caused the head gasket to go. also replaced the head because it was cracked...

Also, with regards to the original problem that caused the head to crack...

-- Over-boosting will cause head and/or head gasket issues.

-- A bad/poorly programmed de-mandate program will cause head and/or head gasket issues.

-- Some A-hole shoving bulls$it injector trim codes into the ecm to try to get more power out of it will cause head and/or head gasket issues.

-- If some a-hole plugged off the IVA valves so that the thing runs high compression all the time will cause head and/or head gasket issues.

Those fuel-sucking CAT engines have a slightly tougher block design than the ISX but they still get heavily abused by everyone who thinks they know a thing or 2 about them. Just something to keep in mind the next time someone is telling you thing about what to do with it. Personally, I would not want to own one. They are just not competitive enough in the dryvan/reefer market or any other trucking market that requires any sort of decent fuel efficiency as part of your profit margin.

Just some thoughts.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: CAT ET Software - Rawze - 04-26-2020,
RE: CAT ET Software - Rawze - 04-27-2020,
RE: CAT ET Software - tsolson - 04-30-2020,
RE: CAT ET Software - Rawze - 05-01-2020,
RE: CAT ET Software - tsolson - 05-01-2020,
RE: CAT ET Software - tsolson - 05-03-2020,
RE: CAT ET Software - tree98 - 05-03-2020,
RE: CAT ET Software - tsolson - 05-03-2020,
RE: CAT ET Software - Rawze - 05-04-2020,
RE: CAT ET Software (and head problems) - Rawze - 05-04-2020

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.