CM871 bad delete
05-06-2020, (Subject: CM871 bad delete ) 
RE: CM871 bad delete
(05-06-2020 )Roadrailer Wrote:  Yea i was afraid you might say that.

the ISX will not stay together if it is abused, or if the inframe was done incorrectly. -- Unfortunately, this is the norm, not the exception any more.

Expect it to need an in-frame + a brand new OEM head. -- On top of all that, the bulk of the truck systems and components, bushings, etc... to be slap worn out.

Personally, if the truck was going for about 8k or so, it would be a decent deal.... Otherwise you will never get a return on the investment because your looking easily at putting 30k in it (this assumes you do all the labour yourself, 15k-18k just in parts alone for another in-frame, this time done correctly 100%+ proper counter-boring to raise liners to 0.014", etc.. and all the other things recomended) before even hauling any freight to get it 100$ reliable again ... and another 10-15k for the rest of the things that get found once it it on the roads again. ... -40-45k in total within a year or 2 is a realistic estimate ... this would be the ballpark to make it last another million+ -- the only way your going to get a positive return on this investment is to drive it yourself the next 10+ years... because no one on planet earth with their right mind is going to pay you anything near what you have invested in it at this point.

It would actually be cheaper to buy something with 500k miles on it and push it and fix on it little at a time and save up for a proper inframe in the next 2-3 years than to mess with that boat anchor of a truck that has been neglected, abused, frame and drive-line abused and twisted, front and rear structures going to leak like hell from all the abuse and age,.. and the 10,000 other things that is going to give way over the next couple 3 years. -- that is the truth of it.

Ask him 8k maybe 10k max for it,.. only if you already have 30k to invest in it before even hauling any freight. If you cannot get those two to come together,... tell the guy your not interested...you have been warned. That the liner height is likely not even at 0.014" on it when you pull the head. Its almost guaranteed that there is a lot of secondary damage from all the abuse that keeps cracking the head. - that thing is going to need a complete and thorough in-frame top to bottom PLUS ALL THE EXTRA STEPS AND THINGS RECOMMENDED TO DO TO IT THAT IS TALKED ABOUT ON THIS FORUM WHILE IT IS APART or it is going to keep failing!.

I.E.> you seem to think that merely a proper program will fix it... that is likely a huge part of the problem, but I grantee those heads did not go bad that fast due to bad programming alone. Poor workmanship is part of the bigger issue there combined with other damage that is clearly being ignored. You need to see the much bigger picture there.

BTW: If it is a CM871,.. you can fix the programming yourself if you are even half-way computer savvy and can do things like open and fill out a spread sheet, or do other typical things. The best de-mandate on the planet for the CM871 is completely free... plus all the tools and instructions needed to do it. - Many of the truck owners on this forum have done theirs themselves. Paying someone else just to program it should actually not cost you more than a few hundred bucks otherwise... it is rip-off shops that charge $2,000+ bucks, You've clearly been talking to the wrong people.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo

Messages In This Thread
CM871 bad delete - Roadrailer - 05-06-2020,
RE: CM871 bad delete - tree98 - 05-06-2020,
RE: CM871 bad delete - Rawze - 05-06-2020
RE: CM871 bad delete - Unilevers - 05-07-2020,
RE: CM871 bad delete - Unilevers - 05-13-2020,
RE: CM871 bad delete - Rawze - 05-29-2020,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.