CM871 kickin my Butt
05-28-2020, (Subject: CM871 kickin my Butt ) 
RE: CM871 kickin my Butt
(05-28-2020 )RustyWood Wrote:  Ah, DHL just got here with my Inline 6 kit, I've heard some say to get an old Laptop, is that because new ones like mine don't have a 9 pin serial, but I see this kit comes with a USB adapter, shouldn't that work ok, or have any of you seen it just works better to serial?

Old laptop saves you money, plus the consensus is that Windows 7 is the best/easiest to install/run that version of Insite. Windows 10 seems to require a bit of work and many give up and find an old laptop anyway. Another option is to use a newer laptop with Windows 7 running in a VM (Virtual Machine), but that's a little more work to setup plus a lot of hard drive space. The benefit to tha approach is being able to carry only one computer with you. Me, I stole my wife's old laptop and cart that big thing around just for Insite and have a small chromebook for my own personal use.

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: RustyWood

Messages In This Thread
RE: CM871 kickin my Butt - JimT - 05-28-2020

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.