CM871 kickin my Butt
06-18-2020, (Subject: CM871 kickin my Butt ) 
RE: CM871 kickin my Butt
(06-18-2020 )RustyWood Wrote:  It's so hard to decide what to do ? I really want to get it to Mr. Hagg for rebuild. I just don't trust anyone but Rawze and the recommendations of this Forum and Mr. Hagg... I don't yet have the confidence and/or Tooling or an indoor place to do it myself...

I look at the cost of renting another truck and even if I could rent a lowboy trailer, cause my Truck is too tall to go on my own Step Deck and using a rental truck to haul mine there, geez talk about dumping $$$.

How damaging would it be to bobtail this thing on 5 cylinders from North Idaho (Hayden) to Mr. Hagg's in Georgia ? If it's going to be rebuilt anyway does it matter or would it come apart and/or really ruin the whole engine or DPF/Dox with raw fuel ?

I wish I could stop the fueling to #3 Injector, and open #3 to just have the slug pumping aimlessly to just being a little load on the other 5, but there's no way I can see.

wow, I priced that sleeve puller tool Rawze used and not to mention any other tools needed I don't have, I'm only tooled for working on cars/pickups, I tried breaking loose one of my lugnuts with my 1/2" drive 36" extension and it only started bending.

I'm just in a pickle and trying to figure out how to get my truck to Georgia.

I spent some time in Mr Hag's shop, quite a few folks drove to him from as far away as California. Mr Hag has vehicles there for you to drive if you want to say stay at a local hotel, or they will take you to the airport and come back when it is finished. Me, having been down this road, trusting a local dealer to do my first in frame... I should have tied a rag to the coolant bottle and drove down there, or even put it on a drop deck and shipped it too him. Doing either of those two things would have been less expensive in the long run, not to mention the hits my health has taken over all of the stress of two in frames, two back to back in frames, the second one in Rawze's driveway.

Trust me, I know what I speak of, get it to Mr Hag. Don't be me.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: RustyWood

Messages In This Thread
RE: CM871 kickin my Butt - Waterloo - 06-18-2020

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.