reprogramming ecm in cummins isx 15
06-03-2020, (Subject: reprogramming ecm in cummins isx 15 ) 
RE: reprogramming ecm in cummins isx 15
ok ... you sent me the file that was in your CM2250 ecm. It already has a delete program in it that is quite bad.

here is what needs to happen to start fixing this mess...

* The ecm needs to be re-programmed with the origional factory program for the CM2250 for that make/model truck --- THE ORIGINAL PROGRAM THAT BELONGS TO YOUR TRUCK AND ENGINE needs to go back into the ecm. This can be done with Insite software and the right factory program, or you can simply take the ecm to a stealers$it and have them flash it for that truck and engine that was originally in it, likely for a few hundred bucks. Just use the vin# of the truck and any stealers$it that can bench the ecm can put it back in, make it ready to go. <- This will get rid of the bad delete program out of the ecm and allow someone to start with a fresh up-to-date program for that make/model truck. According to the ESN# this would be the original 'CL10047' factory calibration program.

* After a new program is flashed in with insite ... ecm needs to be able to build all data in RAM memory back up before it can be properly edited without corruption. It takes about10 minutes to do this. Because of this, after ecm is flashed back with factory program ... the ecm needs to be put back on the engine and the power applied (turn on key-switch in dash) to the ecm (it does not have to actually crank and run the engine) with the ecm on the truck. It needs this power applied to it for a minimum of 10 minutes. if it gets fault codes, it will not matter. no need to panic or over think it. it just needs power on it and it to be on the truck so it can see things. After that, someone can then go further.

* Next would be to copy the program out of the ecm using the CT software so that it can be edited and fixed. Both for the fact that the truck no longer has egr, etc... and for the fact that it is going to run a CM2350 engine block.

* Next would be getting the Africa-G CM2250 program overlay applied to the clean factory program. This will properly de-mandate it and allow it to run with no egr, etc.

* Next would be to edit the ecm program and adjust the fuelling controller and all the other things necessary to compensate for the CM2350 engine, its compression ratio, different style of injectors, narrower start of injection timing spread, lower boost level requirements, etc.etc.

* Next would be to make any changes to power, torque, etc. thata re desired on the newly made program.

* After that, it can be put back into the engine and the engine will run 100% properly and have everything necessary to operate correctly.

-- that is what needs to happen to fix the ecm side of things properly.

===============

If you take the first steps and get it flashed to factory, then run the ecm for 10 minutes with it connected to the truck, then pull the program out with CT software -- e-mail that clean and up to date factory file that has 10+ minutes of run time on it form the ecm ... then the process of making everything right can begin. -- I am not about to even try to fix someone else's butchered delete, it is just too much work to try to fix that too.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: amermextrucker , victory26 , JimT

Messages In This Thread
RE: reprogramming ecm in cummins isx 15 - Rawze - 06-03-2020

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.