No Crank
06-08-2020, (Subject: No Crank ) 
RE: Crank relay
Could be the keyswitch but just as likely...

Prostars are notorious for getting tarnished fuses in the fuse panel. REPLACE ALL FUSES AND BREAKERS AND RELAYS that have discoloured contacts. Here is some related info:
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...1#pid12861

I have had to change my fuses out (the ones mentioned in that post) every few years or so and go through and clean up all the contacts of the breakers and relays a few times over the years as well.

There is a starter relay, but the high-amperage contactor that feeds the starter motor is mounted to the starter itself. there is also usually a heat sensor on the starter that prevents cranking if it is hot/triped too until it cools off. Those heat sensors are known to fail as well, but since you say your gauge cluster is acting up too, I doubt it is on the starter alone.

* battery connections.

* Grounding connections.

* Those big master cabin fuses that are exposed to the weather and salt corrosion out at the firewall that are in the weather (located near the air-cleaner on the drivers side under a rubber cover).

* Something shorting out like an inverter with poorly-made wiring can cause surging, leading to sometimes gauge cluster resetting and all kinds of other weird no-start or engine dying issues.

* Bad ecm.

* Tarnished fuses in the fuse panel.

* Key-switch going bad.

* Other shorted out wiring.

the list goes on and on.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: rapidisimo , JMBT , PuroCumminsPower

Messages In This Thread
No Crank - rapidisimo - 06-07-2020,
RE: Crank relay - Rawze - 06-08-2020,
RE: Crank relay - Rawze - 06-08-2020
RE: Crank relay - barf - 06-08-2020,
RE: Crank relay - rapidisimo - 06-09-2020,
RE: Crank relay - rapidisimo - 06-10-2020,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.