DPF filter took a dump
06-10-2020, (Subject: DPF filter took a dump ) 
DPF filter took a dump
I have been running with my magic plug disconnected, no regens or dpf cleaning for the last 700,000 miles plus. Finally she asked for a regen last year, coincidentally i went through the wolf pass and burned everything out, the regen light went off. That lasted for about 6 months. Then the regen light was coming on and of for about six months.

The spring break up is over and I got my truck home, pulled the doc and dpf filter, the doc looks fine, blew the ash out with my compressor. The dpf filter is a plugged up with ash, I was planning on taking it to a shop to have it cleaned. Problem is , the bottom 2 inches of the dpf is gone, cracked and crumpled. Blew out the exhaust stack. lol Should I just hammer it out completely? And run like that? CASH is tight right now.

Ive heard of people drilling them out before.

I was also using the max mileage fuel borne catalyst for the last 6 months, could that have damaged the dpf filter. I mean, there was zero soot! like NOTHING! I expected coals to fall out when took the filters out, but no, just yellow orange ash.

My question is, with my stock system, no tunes, no nothing, just unplugged magic plug, with a hole in the dpf, will the truck run, or derate?

Also I did a snap test while the filters are off and the truck was cold, barely any smoke.

Its a isx cm871 with 1,300,000 miles on it, 700,000 of which where imap sensor unplugged.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
DPF filter took a dump - Hush - 06-10-2020

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.