Isx ecm rebuild
06-11-2020, (Subject: Isx ecm rebuild ) 
RE: Isx ecm rebuild
(06-10-2020 )Jredman33 Wrote:  Has anyone had an isx ecm rebuilt

I have heard of countless stories where people sent their ecm off to other places and gotten it back only for it to die again, or be intermittent. - Not only that, but you usually get someone else's ecm or guts, and those electronics can only be relied upon for a period of 8 years from manufacture date any ways. - At least that is what the circuit chip manufacturers say.. 8 years in automotive applications is the life expectency of the circuits inside a typical ecm. =- That means that after 8+ years of age on the board, even if you get whatever part replaced in it that was acting up, the rest of the parts are likely beyond that expectation, and can fail or act up at any time too.

If the board or ecm you get back is 10+ years old, reliability falls off real fast in them, so the risk is even higher. Look at the manufacture date of your ecm and see how old it is already. It is usually a year or more older than the truck itself.

Knowing that...

If you willing to put up with the 'repaired' old ecm failing again, and the place that repaired it only charged you a few hundred bucks to fix only what was wrong,.. then go for it. Problem is that most those places waaay over-charge you ... like get $1,000+ for a 'fixed/repaired' one and it still has an old board in it with only a single $10 dollar or less new part in it that was replaced. - If your like me however, and do not want to risk thousands in towing bills in the middle of nowhere, and rely heavily on the questionability of old components and your equipment not acting up ... I would suggest an OEM-certified reman (or new). The OEMs do not bother to repair the circuit boards, they just throw a whole new board on into the old housing because it costs them so little to have manufactured.

$2,000 bucks for a more modern ecm is a reasonable price, though you should shop around at different s3Tealers$its. They have expensive components in them like powerful PGA processors, etc. similar in cost to a high-end PC desktop computer.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
Isx ecm rebuild - Jredman33 - 06-10-2020,
RE: Isx ecm rebuild - Waterloo - 06-11-2020,
RE: Isx ecm rebuild - Rawze - 06-11-2020,
RE: Isx ecm rebuild - Rawze - 06-11-2020

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.