New truck new blog.
06-11-2020, (Subject: New truck new blog. ) 
New truck new blog.
Figured I start a daily blog of my truck and trailer from a different point of view usually frowned upon on this forum mainly as a learning experience for would be owner-operators with a company driver mentality and to those who already drving slow and steady opposed to driving the posted limit but not over 75mph.
Keep in mind I spec'd my truck new from the factory and picked it up back in May 2019
so my mpg numbers may not reflect what you will see especially with used equipment, or if you switch trailers every trip.
In my case I have just bought my own trailer so I now know my numbers will be more consistent in tracking fuel consumption.
I run out of Northern IL mostly to OR and WA and back to IL occasionally WI, IN, MI and OH.
Weights greatly vary but usually I'm close to or at 80k gross with produce coming back east
Anyways onto my specs
Truck:
2020 Volvo VNL860
155,000 current miles
Cummins X15 Performance Services
505HP 1850TQ CPL4343
13 Speed Manual Transmission
3.36 rears (should've went to 3.42 atleast d'oh!)
Michelin Xline energy steers 16ply 22.5lp
Michelin Xline energy D drives 22.5lp
Hendrickson air ride front axle with the air suspension lowered.
Grass burner exhaust
TriPac installed by selling dealer.
Egr tuneup done at 110,000 miles
PM service done every 12-15,000 miles using 15w40 conventional oil
including all fuel filters
Air filter every 75,000 miles
Will be doing an overhead valve adjustment very shortly.
Switched the 5th wheel legs on my SAF Holland from a 10689-2 to a 10689-1 which brings the trailer down an inch or so hopefully to help with aerodynamic drag associated with higher speed operation.
5th wheel is slid forward to maintain 13k on the steer axle when full of fuel.
Lifetime mpg is showing 5.9 winter and windy conditions are a big factor along with the speed of course.
DPF regen history is showing 1.6 to 2 with the soot counter showing very little soot.
Fortunately the engine has very little idle time thanks to the tripac and bunk heater even in blistering cold weather.
Trailer:
2014 Great Dane Everest Super Seal Reefer
Skirts and Trailer Tail equipped.
Just installed 8 new Bridgestone R197 22.5lp tires
New shocks as well.

Bonus cat picture, the white one who I have named him Edmond is an old friend of Rawze's who I had adopted during my stay at his place while fixing my old truck back in 2018 which I no longer have due to an accident the first load out since my stay totalling it. Talk about very bad luck..
./uploads/202006/post_1639_1591933812_da8b7ea21a1e9badc67fdb5056276059.jpg
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Explosia , snailexpress

Messages In This Thread
New truck new blog. - marek4792 - 06-11-2020

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.