Detroit 12.7 care and maintenance
06-14-2020, (Subject: Detroit 12.7 care and maintenance ) 
RE: Detroit 12.7 care and maintenance
Good deal, sounds like my truck, LOL! Run it like you would an ISX. I would keep the rpm's up, don't lug her and the same with the oil change intervals depending on how it is driven/conditions, change every 10,000 to 18,000 miles, I would run regular old Rotella truck stop service bay oil in her, no Lucas or any of that crap.

Honestly, you have a truck you put the key in and drive, there is little to no drama with what you have compared to this EPA crap we have. You sir have a truck that requires no wet nursing, pretty much turn the key and go, like it used to be out here.

Back in the day, a maintenance fund consisted of oil change money and a case of grease... I miss those days. Every couple of years throw on a set of tires and a brake job...

One thing to watch for on that International is the wire that runs from the battery to the ECM, make sure that is in good shape and not rubbing on anything. It is a 14 or 16 ga wire, with an in line fuse in it, running directly from one of the positive posts on one of the batteries in your battery box directly to the ECM, that is what powers it, and if it breaks or gets old, it will shut you down in a second. That is something I would really check out, something I would replace just for peace of mind if there is any question regarding the condition of the wire and or fuse or fuse holder. It is a pretty easy job if it needs to be replaced, in your driveway, not on the side of the road or sitting in the middle of the highway. ;-)

Enjoy that ride, sounds like you got a winner!
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Izzyrod52

Messages In This Thread
RE: Detroit 12.7 care and maintenance - Waterloo - 06-14-2020

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.