DME - No Soot Fuel for Diesel Engines...
06-14-2020, (Subject: DME - No Soot Fuel for Diesel Engines... ) 
DME - No Soot Fuel for Diesel Engines...
I've been on a two-month research spree (slogg?), looking at trucks/engines/reliability, etc... stumbled onto fuels information:

Anybody been studying DME - DiMethyl Ether? It's supposed to function like diesel in the same compression engine, but run without soot production, I'm sure similar to Propane in a gas engine - which I recall didn't have the power that gas has, but was much cleaner. (Now, they're saying it has the same power as diesel) It, like some synthetic oils, comes from natural gas.

It's supposed to be renewable (rDME) from cow manure, etc... (What a dichotomy for the eco-freaks! Kill Cows for farting and ruining the Ozone layer and relying on water-wasting grass feed production, OR Keep them ALIVE to make manure for DME!!!) (the milk, ice cream and steaks aren't too bad, either!) (How do the enviro people sleep at night???)

It appears California is rolling-out these DME liquid fuel stations now in very limited quantities through propane distributors.

Mack/Volvo trucks are supposed to be committing to it full hog! (It's supposed to be a liquid, so, I'm sure T/A, Pilot, Loves, et al will jump on it immediately!)

Is this more snake oil???

Any thoughts? Experiences?
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
DME - No Soot Fuel for Diesel Engines... - BigRed6 - 06-14-2020

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.